Friday, February 29, 2008

Golden Bonsai, an online fundraiser?

Rich is having a rough time of it. I feel really bad for him honestly. I can't even imagine what he's going through the right now.

The fundraiser didn't go as well as he'd hoped, and insurance is covering even less than was originally thought. What does this mean for Golden Bonsai? Unless something seriously changes, it means nothing. As in potentially no Golden Bonsai. We spoke today, and after hearing that Hilary Clinton manages to raise some hidiously large amount of money through only online fundraising, he's asked me to look into it for him. My response? "Well, Hilary Clinton is Hilary Clinton, but I'll look for you."

Would an online fundraiser do any better for us? He knows that I have extensive contacts in the online bonsai community, but there is a big difference asking someone for their advice on a tree or an article, and asking them to send money to rebuild a nursery that they have never seen, and likely never will. How do you ask someone that? There are some things I am good at. I don't know if this is one of them, or where I stand on it really.

We'll be looking into the option, though how it would be implemented if we do it has yet to be seen. If anyone knows of any fundraising references, or anything of the like for on-line fundraising, drop me a line. I'm off to wandering around the net on the quest myself.

0 comments: