Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Marco Invernizzi

On this friday, Marco Invernizzi will be visiting us at the Bonsai Society of Greater New York. He will be doing a demo at Farmingdale University, and I think this is easily the most I've looked foreward to a bonsai event ever. Check out his website to see some examples of his magnificent trees.

http://www.marcoinvernizzi.com/

If you will be in the area, feel free to contact me for more details on this event.

In other news, most of the work on the Golden Bonsai site is complete. There is still content to be added, but the chunk of it is done. I am hoping that we'll be able to get in touch with the BSGNY old webmaster soon, and then work can begin on the society website as well.

My own bonsai work is winding down for the autumn. Serissa and Miniature Pomegrante will be coming inside soon. The colours are starting to change on the maples and the pomegrante. The zelkova show no sign yet of the coming winter, but that won't last for long. There is still some time before the first real freezes and the tree's move to either beneath the bonsai benches or into the shed as needed. The False Indigo has shown the greatest change, already experiencing a die back of foliage just from the cooler evenings. It has come inside, and will remain as the more I read, the more I think it doesn't require a period of dormancy at all.

Thank you all who have continued reading this blog, I realize that updates the last two weeks have been few and far between. More pictures will be posted as I start on the fall pruning and a light bit of jin and shari work on a juniper. Until then, I hope this developing autumn finds you in as good of spirits as it finds me.

0 comments: