Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Golden Bonsai

Rich Perricone and I will be at Golden Bonsai in Farmingdale today from about 10:30 to 3:00. We'll be photographing most of the store and I'll be finishing his website for him.... that primary distraction that has kept me from updates to my site and this blog. Between that, work, and company from out of town for the last few days, the trees have been getting their daily care and no serious work done, so no fun updates there. If you're free, stop by the shop today and say hello, browse, make suggestions on the website *as* I'm coding it, or just generally hang out. Over the summer it was often difficult to work out appointments at the shop, but it should be easier as the summer season winds down.

Golden Bonsai is located at:
1242 Melville rd.
Farmingdale, NY 11735

Some other news. The BSGNY will be at the Hostra Show at Farmingdale University this weekend. I'll be getting more info today on booth and times, and I'll update that here. Definately stop on in, we'll look foreward to seeing you!

Also the winners of the Progressive Styling Contest at the Knowledge of Bonsai forum, http://www.knowledgeofbonsai.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=88&sid=5fed5b26e14917722e7fd424cd8a328a have been announced. Some of the work was fantastic, the stock sometimes presented some real challenges, and even those trees that didn't have that extra something, seeing the progression on works like these is one of my favorite things about bonsai on the internet. I invite you to check out the winners and the other entrants alike, each one has something different to offer.

0 comments: